Totally Addicted to Bass
I’m getting new speakers tomorrow and I feel like it’s Christmas. My cones have been going (that sounds vaguely dirty) and it’s been making me nuts. I’m so looking forward to no more bass rattling!
But here’s an open question: what music program do all y’all use?
I don’t use a download program now – just a combination of iTunes and mp3 blog sites and aggregators. Mostly because I don’t want a lot of spyware to worry about. But I want to be able to find my random-ass requests and that doesn’t always get it done. Like, for instance, this week I went looking for:
- the aforementioned Dusty Springfield, “Son of a Preacher Man” (bought it)
- Feddy Le Grande, “Put Your Hands Up for Detroit” (couldn’t find it)
- Nas, “Hip Hop Is Dead” (got it)
- the abovementioned Puretone, “Totally Addicted to Bass” (couldn’t find it)
- Beyonce, “Irreplaceable” (ended up buying the whole album, it sounds like it should be good)
- Robbie Williams, “Lovelight” (didn’t find the original, but did get a Soulwax dub that’s fantastically growly, although overlong)
- My Chemical Romance, “Welcome to the Black Parade” (got it)
- Cascada, “Every Time We Touch” (got it, although I suspect I already have it someplace)
- Kanye West feat. Lupe Fiasco, “Touch the Sky” (ditto)
- Panic! At the Disco, “I Write Sins Not Tragedies” (couldn’t find it)
So this is my weird taste. Now. LimeWire? Morpheus? Kazaa? BitTorrent? Which one is best? Why?
Update: This is so much more complicated than I thought.