Kerrin’s Weekly Roundup: Tiny, Shiny and Pretty
- Movies I watch in a normal month: maybe one. Movies watched in the last three days: over five (The Queen, very good; Little Miss Sunshine, of whose indie-angstyness I was skeptical but which was actually also quite good; Crash, incredible but really intense; Dreamgirls, very very good if you know it’s going to be a full-on musical, and now I want the soundtrack; a little part of The Guardian, nothing special but then when has the presence of Kevin Costner meant much else; and Mean Girls, on now) With one business trip, I might actually be able to have an opinion this Oscar season.
- Favorite new immigrants: Victoria and David Beckham. I think it’s pretty sad that he’s basically washing up over here, but since it’s an awfully lucrative washing-up, I don’t feel too bad. And this means more U.S. coverage of them, which, yay, they are so pretty!
- Favorite email this week: from Matt, which read only, “Girl news:” and provided a link to the pretty, pretty new iPhone. (Or whatever they’ll call it, I don’t care about Apple’s fight with Cisco.) He knows me well.
- And since I am such a sucker for tiny, shiny, pretty things, here’s another one out of CES: an MP3 player about the size of oh, say, maybe a wristwatch face. I am totally sucked in to the iTunes cult, so I’m not too envious – and I honestly don’t understand what a USB bracelet would do exactly, but again: tiny, shiny, pretty? Good.
- Oooh, and speaking of tiny, shiny and pretty, here’s yet another reason to get a Mini.