Kerrin’s Weekly Roundup
Things That Made Me Happy This Weekend
- Getting my belt
- Wonderfully spoiling shopping with the equally wonderful Kerrin herself
- Having my car all nice and shiny clean
- Finding out that Medina has reopened
- Breaking in my KitchenAid Professional
- Finishing a movie with no emergencies intervening
Things to Look At
- Where the Hell is Matt? Because this is the life I want.
- Cats by Knitemare Because, Matt, this is the cat I was talking about.
- 365 Portraits Because it’s a great idea.
- Roxik Pictaps Because I canâ€™t describe it except that itâ€™s sort of like if you could make a Nintendo scene, but all you need to know is that itâ€™s unbelievably addictive. And itâ€™s a lot like Ze Frank, from whom came this and the link above it.
- A selection of the top web videos Because it’s handy for when youâ€™re bored.
(In passing, isn’t it odd that nobody’s thought of an awkward hybrid word for “web video clip” yet? Something that sounds as ugly as “blog”?)
Things That Baffle Me
- How it is possible for my father to excitedly share the most minute details of arcane baseball information (Like how many days it is until pitchers and catchers report to spring training. Or how XM is currently replaying the entire play-by-play of Game 5 of the 2000 World Series. Etc.) yet be blind to the irony of totally belittling anyone who has any interest in other, similarly niche, interests. Like, for example, the death of Anna Nicole Smith. Either way, you’re paying way too much attention to something that exists entirely to be a spectacle.
- How so many people will stand in so long a line for so long a time at Starbucks. If youâ€™re drinking the coffee to get you moving faster, why donâ€™t you just save half an hour and not get coffee? Although I do like that theyâ€™re promoting Corinne Bailey Rae and Lily Allen.
- Why the lead singer of KISS chose to exhibit his paintings at the Short Hills Mall on Saturday afternoon. Just… incongruous.