Weekly Roundup: Mercantile Edition
I need to knock off the shopping in 2008. But that doesn’t mean I can’t window shop. Pretending is good. So here are a bunch of my favorites, kind of in a Lovemarks way.
- Artsy things are to be had at Supermarket and Mighty Goods and Etsy (especially Vandalized Vintage, J. Davis, Paperstories and Albertine Press).
- The old faithful megastores: Amazon and eBay, Zappos and Bluefly.
Skin and etc.
- The only things that take care of my face are Kiehls and Cetaphil. Always.
- Jo Malone makes me smell pretty.
- If I wear makeup, it’s Bobbi Brown or Prescriptives. If, that is, it’s Jillian-approved.
Clothes and etc.
- I know I’m annoyingly ex-US: Gerard Darel, Guru, Gola, and Burberry. (And H&M!)
- Here’s where I get American: Banana Republic, Victoria’s Secret and Lucky.
Food and Drinks
- Veuve Clicquot and Poland Spring and Guinness. (Depending upon circumstance.)
- Rosa Mexicano is my favoritest restaurant.
- If you’re having candy, go all the way: Nerds or Fry’s Turkish Delight. (Also McVities.)
- Lucky Charms are not just for breakfast.
- I am a slut for Smythson stationery goods.
- Continental takes me places.
- Virgin Atlantic takes me home.
Unrequited Love (So Far)
As I write this list I realize this probably is a pretty good personality test. I wonder what it says about me?
Apart from that I’m appallingly snobby and shop far too much, I mean?