Twitter: The Primer: Part II
Like last time, the impetus for this post was an ad for another long, pricey ($300, this time) seminar. So again, I’m offering answers to the selling points of a teleconference promising to tell you how public relations professionals can use Twitter. Two minutes, zero dollars.
But keep in mind that these resources – this post, these links, but everything else you seeÂ too – are constantly becoming outdated. New information appears every day as we continue to figure out what this wacky world of Twitter can do!
How journalists use Twitter to interact with sources and generate story ideas and buzz:
- Newspaper Association of America’s “Twittering the News” post
Which outlets use Twitter to consistently post links to their online news stories:
- Journalists on Twitter wiki
- New Media Strategy’s “A List of News Organizations Using Twitter”
- LAist’s “Newspapers That Twitter” post
How to find and contact PR-friendly journalists and editors on Twitter:
- Media on Twitter wiki
- MicroPR’s Media on Twitter list
- Pitch Engine’s “Pitch Media Using Twitter” post
- TV on Twitter
- Mr. Tweet
How to track media coverage and breaking news on Twitter:
Please add your favorites in the comments, too!