Favorite Things: April
- Sunlight. It’s pouring into my windows, it’s giving the day hours that I’d forgotten about all winter, and I can’t get enough.
- The man who does my taxes. I had a chunk of money saved up for it, but ended up owing precisely $6. Bless him.
- Raymour & Flanigan. Salesman Glen was informative and zero-pressure; I got exactly what I wanted, even inside my lowballed budget; and the delivery people arrived exactly one minute into into their four-hour window. I never want to shop anywhere else.
- The bed. O, the sleeping. O, the bliss.Â Unless you, too, were used to a ten-year-old mattress, you won’t understand. It is heaven and peace and rainbows and puppies.
- Chocolate-covered caramels with sea salt from Antoinette Chocolatier. As the kids say, oh em gee. Happy Easter indeed.
You’d think I’d put Facebook and LinkedIn and Twitter on here since Lent is over, right? I… dunno. I’m glad they’re options again, but the fast has been a very good thing.
Yes. Happy Easter. This glorious weather is making it hard to forget that spring, and Easter, are about rebirth and renewal. It’s time.