February Recap and March Goals
Borrowing this awesome accountability from Eat Clean, Train Dirty.
- Tae kwon do classes: 9. Adequate. I try for 12.
- Jiu jitsu: 7. Okay. I’m allowed to attend 8 a month.
- Sparring: 2. Meh. There are 2 a week, although the one I prefer is riiiight after work and can be a tight squeeze.
- Long runs: 0. I am a cold-weather sissy. (A “long run” means at least 3.5 miles, so it’s almost always on a weekend. Calling it a “run” instead of “slowest trot imaginable” is me being kind to myself.)
- Gym workouts: 5. There is no legit justification for not getting to the excellent work gym oftener.
- Weight: Down .2 pounds. Not impressive. I’m down 6.4 since July, but this is not a pace that pleases me.
- Excuses: Coming down sick twice in one month; running a big divisional event at work; way too many late-night town meetings.
- Reality: Not enough planning, not enough routine.
- TKD: 10. I need to catch up on requirements. Two classes down already!
- JJ: 8. If I’m ever going to test. Or, you know, improve. One down.
- Sparring: 4. I want to push this, but I have to focus on other stuff.
- Long runs: 3. It’s getting warmer and lighter outside! One down, and it was awesome.
- Gym workouts: 8. Twice a week. Baby steps.
- Weight: 6 pounds. Exercise is fun. The hard part is eating. I avoid alcohol, caffeine, sugar, gluten and most dairy (apart from Greek yogurt, which doesn’t bother me), and I try to stay at 1400 calories a day. I’m successful about 75% of the time but that’s just not enough. The biggest problems are avoiding sugar and limiting calories, so that’s the focus this month.
- Plan: The plan is to plan. Planning is the plan. Planning workouts, planning meals, planning menus, planning rest, planning to give myself enough time so I’m not drained and thirsty and rushing.