Elle’s Ten Questions
- What is your favorite smell? Gardenias.
- What do you consider the epitome of happiness? Fresh air, free time, favorite people.
- How do you define luxury? See above.
- What is the last dream you remember? I had one last night that I am not telling you about, and you just read into that however you want.
- What’s your favorite childhood memory? I remember being quite small – maybe three? – at the beach, holding hands with my aunt and cousin as she taught me how to jump the oncoming waves.
- What’s the last book you read and loved? Loved is a tall order. I’ve read a lot of books recently (although not as many as Goodreads says, because it listed a bunch as read when I tried to remove them from my to-read list and I have to fix that mess) but the ones I actually love are the ones I’ve read over and over. Pickwick. Louisa May Alcott. I’ve been rereading Harry Potter nonstop since 1999, so that’s always a right answer.
- Describe your home’s aesthetic. Comfy and orderly. Like me.
- What are your vices? I’ve got all seven.
- Describe yourself in 5 words or less. Curly. Driven. Worried.
- What possession will you never throw away? I have a pair of blank books I’ve been writing favorite quotes in since high school, and they’re a damningly accurate jumble of where my head’s been at since 1995.