YWTT: Full Moon
This post is part of the You Write the Title series – title submitted by Sharon.
My cousin – one of the many Erins in my life – got married in beautiful southern Maine a few years ago. Like many of the guests, I stayed at the Cliff House.
My room was in the section of the resort you can see at the bottom left of the picture above, directly overlooking the giant dark rocks that made up the eponymous shoreline. I fell asleep to the sound of the waves and the dark of the sky over the ocean. But I woke up in the night, disoriented and panicking, with bright light in my eyes like someone had a searchlight trained on me.
It was the full moon – but not just the moon. It was the moon’s trail, the path of light over the water, brighter than a lighthouse beam.
We live in so much electric and electronic light – lamps and streetlights and headlights and the ever-present lights of screens – and sometimes we let all that blind us to the real dark and the real light. The sunrise, the sunset, the moon and the stars. It’s worth seeing.
If you’re keeping track, here are the YWTT archives:
You Write the Title IV:
- Now That’s Sexy
- Shut Up / Hot Chicks With Douchebags
- In Praise of Ostriches
- Why Exactly British TV Is So Damn Good
- Kicking Cancer’s Ass
- I’ve Had a Crush and Didn’t Know It
- Foreign Travel Opened My Mind
You Write the Title III:
- The Audacity of Mustaches
- Why Hot Women Should Date Jeff Hoyak
- If I Were a Billionaire
- If I Had My Very Own Unicorn
- The Tao of Henry
- Milk, Elmo and Mommy: The Complex Life of an 18-Month Old
- Shakespeare and Auto Repair
You Write the Title I and II:
- World’s Greatest
- Life as a Black Belt
- If There’s One Thing I’ve Learned
- Are You Experienced?
- I Love Trevor Bratton So Much
- Feel the Fear and Do it Anyway
- How I Hit the Jackpot