YWTT: I’ve Had a Crush and Didn’t Know It
This post is part of the You Write the Title series – submitted by Steve.
This has happened to me a few times. I am frequently surprised by life. Also by my own feelings, in hindsight. This may mean I’m not quick on the uptake, or even self-delusional. I prefer to think of it as remaining unspoiled. I suspect it’s a mix.
I’m usually a pretty good guesser on how people are feeling. It falls apart, though, when it comes to how people feel about me. My brain gets overwhelmed with presuppositions and presumptions, hopes and fears. It’s a lot easier to figure out how someone feels about something that isn’t you.
A crush can surprise you, but I think falling in love is a decision. Love you decide to jump into. There’s usually a point where you know you’re teetering.
It’s pretty easy to shake off a crush. They don’t mean much. Love is a lot harder to climb out of.
If you’re keeping track, here are the YWTT archives:
You Write the Title IV:
- Now That’s Sexy
- Shut Up / Hot Chicks With Douchebags
- In Praise of Ostriches
- Why Exactly British TV Is So Damn Good
- Kicking Cancer’s Ass
You Write the Title III:
- The Audacity of Mustaches
- Why Hot Women Should Date Jeff Hoyak
- If I Were a Billionaire
- If I Had My Very Own Unicorn
- The Tao of Henry
- Milk, Elmo and Mommy: The Complex Life of an 18-Month Old
- Shakespeare and Auto Repair
You Write the Title I and II:
- World’s Greatest
- Life as a Black Belt
- If There’s One Thing I’ve Learned
- Are You Experienced?
- I Love Trevor Bratton So Much
- Feel the Fear and Do it Anyway
- How I Hit the Jackpot