You Write the Title VI
The best things in life happen only once a year. They have anticipation and rarity – two of my favorite things.
The leaves changing. When I was little and “The Wizard of Oz” would air once around my birthday. Unpacking Christmas decorations. That first day in spring when you can smell the world growing. The Perseid meteor showers. When Trident gum is available in Candy Cane flavor. Important things like that.
Well, this is sort of like that. Except less precisely annual and maybe less thrilling. (But that’s up to you.)
It’s that time of year in which you boss me around… and, unusually, I actually listen to you.
Welcome to You Write the Title V.
- What is this? Simple. Give me a title and I write you something for it. Previous entries over the years have included long essays, stories told in animated GIFs, poems, questionnaires, lists, not-so-subtle requests to write about specific individuals, confessions about my feelings toward Tom Selleck, and, frankly, a lot of you just throwing me the weirdest challenges you could think of. Bring it.
- How do I do it? Comment anonymously (or not) below. Comment on Facebook. Tweet. Email me. Tell me in person. Whatever. But you don’t have much time. Each year this has gotten more unsettlingly more popular, so it depends on how fast they come in. I’ll close it when I start to panic. You probably have a week or two.
- Can I give you more than one title? Yes.
- What kind of title can I give you? Anything. So far, none have been NSFW, for which I thank you.
For inspiration, all previous YWTT posts are listed below.
Go for it.
You Write the Title IV:
- The Proust Questionnaire
- Now That’s Sexy
- Hot Chicks With Douchebags (includes Shut Up)
- In Praise of Ostriches
- Why Exactly British TV Is So Damn Good
- Kicking Cancer’s Ass
- I’ve Had a Crush and Didn’t Know It
- Foreign Travel Opened My Mind
- Full Moon
- The Strength of the Flamingo
- Mothers, Teach Your Children Well
- 30 Awesome Traits of Sarah Morgan (includes Spreadsheets and Why I Should Love Them, My Journey in the Kitchen, Why I Am Moving to Orlando, and The One Place Everyone Loves That I Will Never Vacation. Yes, I was trying to get them all finished. Don’t you judge me.)
You Write the Title III:
- The Audacity of Mustaches
- Why Hot Women Should Date Jeff Hoyak
- If I Were a Billionaire
- If I Had My Very Own Unicorn
- The Tao of Henry
- Milk, Elmo and Mommy: The Complex Life of an 18-Month Old
- Shakespeare and Auto Repair
You Write the Title I and II:
- World’s Greatest
- Life as a Black Belt
- If There’s One Thing I’ve Learned
- Are You Experienced?
- I Love Trevor Bratton So Much
- Feel the Fear and Do it Anyway
- How I Hit the Jackpot