Desperate for Content, Sarah Turns to Davy, Mickey, Peter and Michael
In 1967, the editors of Tiger Beat posed a series of questions to the Monkees. My turn.
- How would your mother describe you in one word? Strong.
- What is your favorite flower? Gardenia.
- What is the most insane question you’ve ever been asked? Did you know you were speeding?
- If you could change your name, what would you change it to? I wouldn’t change it.
- What word in the English language do you wish you had invented? Fuck.
- What is the first quote that comes to your mind? “Your absence has gone through me like thread through a needle. Everything I do is stitched with its color.”
- What animal best describes the kind of person you’d be interested in? A Labrador.
- What do you miss about your childhood? Playing pretend.
- In what hour of the day do you function best? Depends what I’m doing, doesn’t it now.
- What is the main fault in your character? Glib, distractable, forgetful, judgmental, prone to the sulks.
- If you met the right person today, would you propose tomorrow? Doubtful, as I’m headed for bed and don’t expect to find anyone under the covers.
- What was your favorite subject in school? English.
- Where would you like to live? In a state of bliss.
- Describe how you kiss in one word. Searchingly.
- What in the world do you least desire? Stardom.
- Why do you think most people date you? I don’t think most people date me. But they maybe ought to.
- Who is your favorite historical figure? Shakespeare.
- How many times have you fallen in love? Enough to know better.
- What are your favorite names? James and Anna.
- Finish this sentence. “Happiness is a thing called…” …joy is a moment noticed… love is a question answered.”
Now it’s your turn.