Weekly Roundup: Guilty Pleasures Edition
Cozy nights in with friends, faraway family visiting, not having to go to jury duty after all, and surprising myself by knocking around in the kitchen and coming up with spicy turkey sausage and egg whites with gemelli and penne, and cider cupcakes with cider cream cheese frosting for dessert. Not a bad weekend, all told.
But there are some things that make even a rotten day brighter. You wouldn’t want everybody to know what they are, though, always, because – well, because they’re not the taste you’re proudest of. Guilty pleasures. Not bad… but not really good, either. Mostly just a little embarrassing. But, of course, I’m here to entertain you. And in that spirit:
- Victoria and David Beckham – I adore them.
- Ryan Reynolds – This was going to be a risque comment about his absÂ but then I found outÂ he raised $80,000 for Parkinson’s. I feel shallow.
- High School Musical – If you haven’t seen it, no fair having an opinion. Watch it, then tell me it’s not adorable. It’s not possible. It is to preteens what Across the Universe is to… well, me.
- Sirius New Country – I won’t call it good music, but I will call it fun music.
- Primeval – I am head over heels for this show. I found out this week that Hannah and Andrew are together in real life, and I may have squealed like a ridiculous fangirl.
So. What’s your guilty pleasure? Answer anonymously in the comments.
Which reminds me… a bit of housekeeping to answer questions and comments:
- Anonymous comments truly are anonymous. Not only do I not want to de-anonymize you, I don’t have a clue how I’d even try to anyway.
- You suggested I add a picture: you say jump, I say how high. BTW, that’s the only picture here that I haven’t taken myself. Photo credit to the unendingly amazing Bill Wadman .