Guest Post: How to Be Hot According to a Hot Blogger
I am delighted to present Amy of Permission to Peruse, one of the ladies of the Hot Blogger Calendar.
(Hot Blogger Amy, Calendar Cofounder of Awesomeness Jane, and me)
One of the best things about the calendar project is that I’ve metÂ amazing people. Amy is not only incredibly cool and sweet, she’s a great mom, a successful professional – and, obvs, certifiably hot. So I loved that she chose this topic to write about, totally unprompted. Because who’d know better than her?
I’m all about the Twilight these days and all the women are swooning over Edward, the main character. It’s a girl thing, but there’s something guys can learn from it. In fact, I’d say, men, buy your wife a copy (if she doesn’t have it), and then secretly read it (if you can’t make yourself do it openly). If that just doesn’t work, here are five tips to becoming hot:
- Watch her sleep. I don’t know how it is in your house, but my man is always the first one to sleep. I tease him saying he’s an old man when he wants to go to bed at 8. So maybe this one means more to me because the possibility of it happening is about zero. However, I can’t imagine that it wouldn’t be flattering to wake up and have them say, “I’ve been watching you all night. You’re so beautiful I just couldn’t help myself.” As long as it’s not a stalker watching you through a window, it’d be a good thing to hear.
- Quote Poetry. In the book, Edward sits and watches Romeo and Juliet with Bella and quotes lines as it plays. It doesn’t have to be Shakespeare (although I would recommend it). Throw in a British accent and you’re golden.
- Protect her from the bad guy â€“ even if it’s you. Not only are there some true bad guys Edward saves Bella from, he’s the bad guy too. He tries his best to save her from him as well. Always, always, always protect her. Swear to never hurt her and then do your best… even if it’s saving her from yourself.
- Get creative. Edward plays piano for Bella in person and then records it for her birthday. You can’t lose on getting in touch with your creative side. I don’t care if it’s pulling out some Crayolas and printer paper and leaving it on your pillow for when she wakes up (way later than you, you know, from staying up WAY past you).
- Just say no. To me, this is what makes Twilight great. Edward really wants to kiss her. In fact, probably more than that, and if the book wasn’t young-adult-oriented, we’d probably know that for a fact. But we barely get a kiss out of the first book because he restrains himself. That, my friends, is sexy. Maybe it’s just me, but it’s sexier to be in a restaurant and have your man give you “the look” and go on with his business rather then cop a feel under the table. It shows restraint.
Who knows, maybe it’s just me and I should virtually crumple this post up and throw it over to my husband to study, but I’m guessing one or two of these should work for just about any woman. So men, pay attention, and women, print this for your husband. You can all thank me later.
So, does this girl know hot? You be the judge:
Oh, and for more hot, go get a Hot Blogger Calendar at www.hotbloggercalendar.com!