50 Questions: 21-30
Quiz taken from “Fifty Questions That Will Free Your Mind” viaÂ Fug GirlÂ Heather Cocks.Â See 1-10 here and 11-20 here.
21. Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton? I’m too much of a control freak to let myself be the latter all of the time, so I guess that means I’d have to choose the former.
22. Why are you you? Well, somebody’s got to do it, don’t they?
23. Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend? NotÂ always. I mislaid a few of the most important people in my life for a few years.
24. Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you? I think the move is worse. When you lose touch with a friend nearby, that’s a choice, at least on some level.
25. What are you most grateful for? I’m most grateful for the opportunities I’ve been given.
26. Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones? That’s asking whether I value the past more than the future. I love my past but I choose the future.
27. Is is possible to know the truth without challenging it first? You can know a truth without challenging it, but questioning is a useful part of believing it.
28. Has your greatest fear ever come true? No: nothing has ever grabbed my ankles coming up the basement stairs.
29.Â Do you remember that time five years ago when you were extremely upset? Does it really matter now? I was upset about a boy, I was upset about getting ready for my thesis defense, I was upset because my sick friend wasn’t doing well. Yeah, all of that matters – not because it wasÂ allÂ important, but all of that changes you and makes you who you are.Â
30.Â What is your happiest childhood memory? What makes it so special? I hate these superlatives. I don’t have one happiest memory. Does anyone? My happy memories aren’t usually momentous things. Like I remember being about four and holding hands with my Aunt Jo and my cousins as she taught me how to jump over waves at the beach. It wasn’t especially special. It was just good.