Weekly Roundup: The Weekend of Showers Ends
After a bridal shower, a baby shower, and about seven hours driving to and from them this weekend, I come to realize yet again how not girly I really am. (And how little I enjoy bingo.)
So, a whole bunch of links that are by turns geeky, posh and artsy, but not particularly girly. Happy June.
- How Class Works as decided by an interactive chart. If you’re superficial enough to care what the Times says what social class you ought to fall into. (Yeah, I was too.)
- The Rockhouse Hotel, Negril. I would really, really, really like to be here. And it’s actually phenomenally well-priced, so maybe I will be someday soon.
- The Sushi FAQ. If you, like me, can never remember much past “miso”.
- MapsKrieg. One of the more fantastic Google mashups: Craigslist housing listings viewed on Google Maps.
- The Members Project. One of the more fantastic corporate citizenship projects.
- BlueQ. A Bluetooth-enabled wristband that vibrates. Not exactly the most necessary thing ever, but kinda neat.
- Indian wife catches her husband cheating. Probably fake, but still awfully funny.
- Tamyra Grey is Mimi in Rent. And I don’t really. However, Adam Pascal and Anthony Rapp are back until September. That, I do care about. Anybody want to go for old time’s sake?
- The Voco Clock. What a splendid way to wake up. I want the girl version.
- BetterWall. Museum street banners. Much better than tired reprints.
- Donate food for shelter animals just by clicking.
- BornRich. “Your ultimate guide to the most expensive things in the world.”
- AlterNet. Pinko commie liberal news. Love it.
- Photoshop in action. I love this clip that shows what retouching really can do.
- Makeup in action. Also interesting.
- Top 10 things I’ve learned about computers from the movies and “24”. Geeky funny, but still kinda funny.