Social Media: The Bad Side
I’m always talking about it like it’s the second coming of Oprah and Jesus and rainbows and shoe sales – but there are a lot of big negatives about social media. And on a gorgeous sunny summer afternoon, these become glaringly obvious.
- It feeds any and every tendency to over-multi-task.
- It makes you jump to tell people about things even before you get a chance to experience them yourself.
- It can make it difficult to remember who you told what to when.
- It makes a few of my friends convinced that they have ADD when I think they – like all of us – are just reeling from the inherent unnaturalness of having so much connectivity and information available at once.
- It gives you the frustrating feeling that you will never, ever, be up to date or finished with work.
Remember moderation. And go outside.