Finish Me Anonymously: University Wisdom
Since it’s graduation time, I’m seeing a lot of articles and posts about what you should know before you go off to college or university. Here’s what I’ve got. What would you add?
- You’re probably going to break up with your high-school significant other, and it’s probably for the best. If not, Â you’ll probably get married, and that’s awesome, but it’s also really rare. Don’t force it.
- Don’t be afraid of the townies. Get to know where you’re living, beyond your campus.
- Be whoever you feel like being. You won’t have this much freedom to do that, in exactly this sort of way, ever again.
- Go barefoot. College is one of the most relaxed places on earth. Appreciate that.
- Don’t forget that everybody else is as dumb and scared as you are. It can be a comforting realization.
- Study abroad. If you do none of these other things, if you do nothing else, study abroad. I promise it is worth whatever it takes.